need help with circulating pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
posted this in the beginners forum but only got 1 response.

would this pump be a good return for a 90 gal tank? i'm looking at a used wet/dry acrylic with this pump for $250 CND. i think it is a good deal, the pump itself lists for $170 US. here are the specs:

4 MDQ-SC WATER PUMP LITTLE GIANT
MAGNETIC-DRIVE PUMPS FOR AQUARIUM USE. THEY ARE QUIET RUNNING WITH A VERY LOW HEAT EXCHANGE. OPERATE IN-LINE ONLY. MDQX-SC PUMPS ARE FOR CIRCULATION ONLY. 810 GPH AT 3', 23' MAX., 1" FT IN, 1/2" MT OUT.

looks good. but it is hard to say without seing it.
Keep in mind 250 CDN are only about $20 US :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How is the weather up there? Go and eat some ribs in the restaurant next to the tunel, they are awesome :fadein:

swissfish,
thanks for the reply. the wet/dry and pump are both in very good condition.

Agreed: Tunnel Bar-B-Q has some of the best ribs this side of the Mississippi! Was just there for my sisters b-day about two weeks ago!

weather is frosty! good for the backyard rink.

correction: $250 CDN = $21 USD :wink:

Somethning I didnt include in my other reply was the head height flow. I see this pump only does 810GPH at 3' head. The model thats one step up witih 1" outlet has a 1200GPH output at 3' head. This larger pump might do better for your 90 expecially if your looking to limit the amount of extra PH's and pumps on the system.

Back
Top Bottom