Need help with equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have decided to upgrade one of my Nuvo 38's to an 80 gallon rimless frag tank. I have someone building me a custom stand at around 40" in height (the tank is 48x24x16 high). So, my current tanks are all inclusive systems. I need to know the right size sump, skimmer, pump and lighting. I want LED's not T5's. I currently do have two kessil a350w but I want something a little better. Please let me know,

I have decided to upgrade one of my Nuvo 38's to an 80 gallon rimless frag tank. I have someone building me a custom stand at around 40" in height (the tank is 48x24x16 high). So, my current tanks are all inclusive systems. I need to know the right size sump, skimmer, pump and lighting. I want LED's not T5's. I currently do have two kessil a350w but I want something a little better. Please let me know,

Sump - The biggst you can fit under the stand would be best.
Skimmer - rated 2x your tank and sump size, make sure it fits in the sump tho including head room.
Return pump - Here I would reccommend a DC pump as their prices have fallen dramatically. Diablo/speedwave and I believe waveline are all the same production line. I just go a Speedwave 2640gph for under $200 and it is pushing over 1500gph on the highest speed with over 7' headloss. 6 variable speeds to boot.
Lighting - Taotronics 120W x 2

Back
Top Bottom