Need Help With Killer Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone! glad to be back posting! Finally kicking cancer's but! But I have a problem. I bought a big colony of Duncans and my clowns that I have had for years saw me feeding it mysis and now they are tearing it apart thinking it's mysis shrimp in it all the time to the point the duncan won't even bother opening up anymore. They didn't do this before until I started feeding it mysis. Any advice cause it this rate the duncan will be dead soon.

I wouldn't feed the duncan mysis, but if you have one of those plastic strawberry containers you might be able to put that over top of it to give it some protection.

I wouldn't feed the duncan mysis, but if you have one of those plastic strawberry containers you might be able to put that over top of it to give it some protection.

Thanks!! I put the strawberry "cage" over it for a week and eventually they realized they can't touch it. then in the middle of the night while they were "sleeping" I moved the duncans to a magnetic frag plug on the other side of the tank. They swim past it but never touch it. I have learned now to feed the corals at night and fish during the day.

Back
Top Bottom