Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-07-2016, 09:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

need help with my numbers

My tank has never looked better. All my corals are doing great. I did my testing this evening and here are my numbers. A little low on some...right. Is it time to start dosing?

Salinity...1.025
Temp...78F
PH...8.1
Calcium...325
Alk...6.9
Mag...1360

Old 05-07-2016, 10:57 PM   #2
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

alk is a little low but it goes down at night best time to check that is around noon,
now that it's getting warmer and can open windows you will see alk raise on it's own.
your not having problems things look good why mess with it . as long as your not jamb packed with sps there's no need to dose.
if you keep a weekly schedule and do 10% water changes you should be golden

Old 05-07-2016, 11:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
alk is a little low but it goes down at night best time to check that is around noon,
now that it's getting warmer and can open windows you will see alk raise on it's own.
your not having problems things look good why mess with it . as long as your not jamb packed with sps there's no need to dose.
if you keep a weekly schedule and do 10% water changes you should be golden

Yeah I agree. I think it's important to monitor your parameters especially ALK closely. But if your tank looks great don't mess with it. Try and keep those parameters for as long as they work. I hear it from people all the time when I tell them I keep my ALK at 10 dkh but I feel like that's my tanks sweet spot. I especially notice my ALK is low when my lps corals...specifically acans look deflated. Now I test ALK every day and it's worked out great.

Also depending on your salt mix and where you want your levels to be..you might have to dose small amounts. I find that my calcium is usually not where I want it after doing a water change. I'll usually wait a few hours after the water change to check but it's always low

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com