Need helpfor a small HOB fuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lasek2k1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was thinking of add a HOB fuge for my tank. I want to do a HOB because I don't have a wooden stand, I have the metal kind. So there is lots of open space and a tank on the bottom would be an eye-sore.

I'm not really sure how big to go. I was thinking of getting a 2.5 gallon tank and somehow attaching it to the main tank. It would be perfect for my tank bacause its the right size for water changes but its a little too big because there isn't enough clearance space between the tank and the wall.

Does anyone have ideas on a DIY fuge that would be lightweight and overall a good match for my tank.

Lastly, what do you suggest I put in the fuge? Since its going to be HOB, I want the contents to add least add to the aquascaping of the tank. I was thinking of just haveing a sandbed, LR rubble, and some macroalgae. And if the tank is the right size, I could just re-scape the lr to hide a good portion of the fuge.

Any help/ideas/suggestions are really appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom