need info Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex&Jen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my anemone is stretching himself out pretty thin trying to work his way between the rock and glass, just want to know if he is ok just put him in today water para. were checked today by lfs. Thanks

Moving is normal. It will find a spot that it likes and will settle.
Don't base your lighting requirements on what the lfs has. They are just holding it till someone buys it so they could survive for awhile on lower lights than required. One lfs store around me does that.
I believe I read on another post of yours that you have a 75G and if that is the case you are only sitting at 3.5 watts/gal. You probably would want around 6 w/g before having an anemone. HTH. One site to research livestock is www.fantasyreef.com . It has helped me.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the stretching out maybe it trying to get more light as they are dependent on good light conditions. HTH.

He is getting use to his new surroundings. He may even dissapear for a few days and then as quick as he left he will reappear. Your lighting is good!

I just noticed the pics (I'm blind I guess...lol) and it looks like he is just placing his foot in a secure hidden place. Completely normal.

like stated they move and will hide in a crack or between rocks and stretch out to get the light and then retract at night.
No need to move it, because it will just go where it wants.

Were the clowns in the tank already?
They took to the anemone right after it went in the tank?

it took about 45 min for the clowns to dive in to the anemone
Yes they were already in the tank
i've never seen anything like that before its awsome

i'm jealous...my sebae has found his happy spot a few days ago, is turning tan/brown (good signs of happiness and health) and my clown has not given it the time of day yet! :(

that's a nice looking anemone :) congrats!

Back
Top Bottom