Need more info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, I was hoping if you could help me with my problem. I have 1 marine aquarium. All inhabitants are happy and healthy.

I just wanted to know a bit more about it all. I have enough knowledge to know what I need to know about it. But I would like to know more. I have had a look on many sites as well as this one. The info is good but its still not enough. I wanted to know if you knew any good books etc that have tones of knowledge about the marine aquarium. Like an advanced marine aquarist book start to finish. I would ask everyone on the forum directly but I would b hoping for a 200 page response.

Thanks in advance for all of your responses.

Most of the books I know of are older ones and may not be available or as complete as today's books are so I would recommend the following authors: Julian Sprung, Gerald Allen, Roger Steene, Dr. Warren Burgess, Dr. Clifford Emmons, and Martin Moe. Books written by these authors will be more enhanced through experience not just a regurgitation of older information. (IMO )
A quick bit of searching brought up the following book: Advanced Marine Aquarium Techniques by J.F. Hemdal. I know nothing about this book or author but the title is right with what you were asking for.

Hope this helps.

I thought I answered you but just realized you posted in both SW and FW. Sorry but I can't help on this side. I have heard Andy ^^^ is "THE" go to person among a couple others here when it comes to both sides of the hobby. I'd trust what Andy has to say, just look at the profile. After all, how many can say they've handled a 25,000g display ??

Thank you very much for all your responses. I will certainly look into each of those authors.

Oh crap :facepalm: Did I give away how much "time", "experience" and "knowledge" equals candles on my birthday cake??? :lol:

Haha, good one.

Andy here, will be a very good source of information. He's been in the hobby forever, and has experience and wisdom in keeping all types of tanks... He'll pry be able to guide you where ever.

Thanks guys. I have only had 2 years of aquarium keeping. It has given me joy every second of it. But if it's already been 2 years and I have 4 tanks I'll be out of space in no time. It's got to the point that if I ask permission for another tank the response is 'Sod off'. I'll have to work on it. Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks guys. I have only had 2 years of aquarium keeping. It has given me joy every second of it. But if it's already been 2 years and I have 4 tanks I'll be out of space in no time. It's got to the point that if I ask permission for another tank the response is 'Sod off'. I'll have to work on it. Thanks again for all your help.

Well, if the number of tanks is the issue, then just go bigger instead of more. This way you will still only have the 4 tanks. They will just hold more water!!! :brows::lol::ROFLMAO:

(FYI: with some strategic planning at one point, I had about 20 tanks in my bedroom and I still slept there. Granted, the largest was a 55 gal. but I got a lot of fish in those other tanks. :D:D )

Thanks I'll have to ask. I will however wait till she is in a particularly good mood. It often works that way :)

Thanks I'll have to ask. I will however wait till she is in a particularly good mood. It often works that way :)

"Dear, have you noticed how big the fish are getting? They can barely swim in there anymore. Since we don't really have room for another tank, why don;t we just trade this one in for a larger one? It will make the fish SOOOOOOO much happier. :D"

LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"Dear, have you noticed how big the fish are getting? They can barely swim in there anymore. Since we don't really have room for another tank, why don;t we just trade this one in for a larger one? It will make the fish SOOOOOOO much happier. :D"

LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think my bf used this one on me... Welcome the 180 for our sad danios who had no room in their 30. Smh. We now have 6 fish tanks.

I think my bf used this one on me... Welcome the 180 for our sad danios who had no room in their 30. Smh. We now have 6 fish tanks.

Sorry, but I can have no sympathy. ;) I started with a male guppy in a tupperware container and ended up with a 40+ year career in the fish biz.
6 tanks? I had that in one day. :lol: My last hatchery had about 400 tanks and I took care of them all! :eek: Talk about :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: lol

(but I will admit I loved just about every minute of those 40+ years :D)

(y)(y)(y)

Back
Top Bottom