Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-15-2014, 02:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Need more info

Hi all, I was hoping if you could help me with my problem. I have 1 marine aquarium. All inhabitants are happy and healthy.

I just wanted to know a bit more about it all. I have enough knowledge to know what I need to know about it. But I would like to know more. I have had a look on many sites as well as this one. The info is good but its still not enough. I wanted to know if you knew any good books etc that have tones of knowledge about the marine aquarium. Like an advanced marine aquarist book start to finish. I would ask everyone on the forum directly but I would b hoping for a 200 page response.

Thanks in advance for all of your responses.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Most of the books I know of are older ones and may not be available or as complete as today's books are so I would recommend the following authors: Julian Sprung, Gerald Allen, Roger Steene, Dr. Warren Burgess, Dr. Clifford Emmons, and Martin Moe. Books written by these authors will be more enhanced through experience not just a regurgitation of older information. (IMO )
A quick bit of searching brought up the following book: Advanced Marine Aquarium Techniques by J.F. Hemdal. I know nothing about this book or author but the title is right with what you were asking for.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I thought I answered you but just realized you posted in both SW and FW. Sorry but I can't help on this side. I have heard Andy ^^^ is "THE" go to person among a couple others here when it comes to both sides of the hobby. I'd trust what Andy has to say, just look at the profile. After all, how many can say they've handled a 25,000g display ??
Old 06-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

With time comes experience, with experience comes knowledge.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thank you very much for all your responses. I will certainly look into each of those authors.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:35 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macscale View Post
With time comes experience, with experience comes knowledge.
I can only add to this: With knowledge and experience comes wisdom. You have chosen wisely to seek out others' wisdom.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sager View Post
I can only add to this: With knowledge and experience comes wisdom. You have chosen wisely to seek out others' wisdom.

Very true... Wish I had thought of that.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macscale View Post
Very true... Wish I had thought of that.
Oh crap Did I give away how much "time", "experience" and "knowledge" equals candles on my birthday cake???
Old 06-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sager View Post
Oh crap Did I give away how much "time", "experience" and "knowledge" equals candles on my birthday cake???

Haha, good one.

Andy here, will be a very good source of information. He's been in the hobby forever, and has experience and wisdom in keeping all types of tanks... He'll pry be able to guide you where ever.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:09 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks guys. I have only had 2 years of aquarium keeping. It has given me joy every second of it. But if it's already been 2 years and I have 4 tanks I'll be out of space in no time. It's got to the point that if I ask permission for another tank the response is 'Sod off'. I'll have to work on it. Thanks again for all your help.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com