Need opinions ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dustinfeint

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I was just curious as if I could get some help. My wife and I are moving next week and I am going to be upgrading my tank, since I have to take it down anyway. I currently have a 40breeder reef. I am thinking anything 75g or larger. I have found some great deals on Craigslist. One in particular is sticking out in my mind. Could I get some feedback on this one?

150 Gallon Saltwater tank setup

Does this seem like a good deal? Should I be trying to find someone selling their whole setup? Should I just try to find a used tank and buy equipment for it over time? I really want to keep tangs. Thank you :)

I would say the tank alone is worth the price and when you add everything else that is included seems like a heck of a deal imo.

That's what I thought too. Worried about the age of the tank and that it isn't a drilled tank.

Well I am personally not familiar with drilled tanks but it looks like its been cared for and even if in the event it needed to recaulked you would still be coming out ahead.

Even if you only took the equipment and rock an bought another tank it would be a deal. The light and rock are worth more then that not including the ro, filter and skimmer

Why is it a great deal? You're making me even more tempted! Haha.

Its a good deal because that rock might be close to 300 dollars and that light is a couple of hundred the skimmers proable 200 don't worry about the tank you can always get a new one sometimes petland has a dollar a gallon sale.

At 18 years old it's a quality piece IMO. They don't make stuff like they used to but if your gonna ? yourself, your gonna miss it because somebody already grabbed it.

If you weren't able to score this tank, I would suggest a 180 over a 150. It's shallower top to bottom and the footprint is better (24" front to back instead of 18", which is as wide as your 40 breeder).

I'm going to pick it up Tuesday. I will resale the wet dry/canister/lights/skimmer and upgrade as time goes on.

Back
Top Bottom