Need opnion on aquaclear 150

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luv2ride

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
When I bought my 120gal tank (salt) I was talked into this wonderful filter. Has anyone used this filter, are they happy with it?

I have found this to be the biggest piece of junk, and it costs $400.00 with both pumps. Both the top piece of plastic and the filter tray have warped, now mind you this is only 2 months old... So I call aquaclear and request a new filter tray as the water flowing in, is now going down the side of the tray and not thru the filter element. Never in my life have I had such trouble getting a part replaced, I talked with one of their techs who instucted me to take a picture and email it to him because he has never heard of anything like this. I still have to hear from them!!!

So, do I replace this filter and chauk it up as lesson learned or do I go after these guys and get a new tray? I'm so frustrated...

I guess your opnions would be great, if you think i should replace the filter what would you recommend?

Can you post a pic? The only Aquaclear 150 I'm familiar with is a small HOB power filter that sells for about $25.00. I didn't find anything else in any of my catalogs or online.

Back
Top Bottom