Need Recommendation for Coral Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terrance

Aquarium Advice Addict
What brands and bottles of coral food do you use for your coral? And where did you buy it?

I currently use reef chili. I have used marine snow and a phyto-something or other...it was kent stuff all I remember. I never really got much benefit from feeding, as I have no non-photosynthetics. Just started back up again with the reef chili to see how things go.

Which size container of reef chili did you get and how long do you think it would last if you used it 1-2 times weekly? Did you target or broad feed this stuff?

I broadcast feed. Idk the container size, it's a small container but a little goes a long way. It comes with a spoon to measure it with and each leveled off spoonful is for 20 gallons according to the instructions. I've still barely made a dent in the stuff b

I mix Coral Smoothie and Reef Fuel at a 50/50 ratio and spot feed every other day with a turkey baster. Awesome growth and color.

I dont target feed my corals. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. Have not target fed for the 14+ yrs I have had my reef.

The only corals I occasionally target feed with some mysis are my "active" eaters like my palys, acans, trumpet, candy, & hammer. My softies & SPS are more trouble than they're worth as far as too many nutrients in the water vs. what they consume.

tank

I dont target feed my corals. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. Have not target fed for the 14+ yrs I have had my reef.
I just joined the club and wanted to tell you that your tank is beautiful

Back
Top Bottom