Need Skimmer Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cybercron

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Prizm skimmer is dying, there is a crack in the intake pipe where it meets the impeller. Any recomendataions for a HOT skimmer. I was looking at the AquaC Remora. I am not sure if I need the standard or PRO version of the Remora. Do you recommend a surface skimmer as well? I have a 55 gal reef tank. BTW how long can my tank survive on a damaged skimmer?

I would go with the pro if you can afford it. The standard remora will work also,. THe surface skimmer is a very nice addition. We have the remoras with the maxi 1200 on sale right now on our homepage for 143.99. Your tank should survive fine for a few weeks till you get a new one!

Some folks run with out a skimmer for years. You will need to make some adjustments to your tank feeding and cleaning habits if you do go skimmerless but its possible. I like my remora alot. I put it on a tank that had an old school prizm skimmer on it. I got the surface skimmer because i was hving problems with DOC's collecting on the top of the water making a film.

Back
Top Bottom