Need some advice.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've lost a few cleaner shrimp in the past, mostly to the powerheads.. and fixed such problems since.... but I want to get more considering the benefits to my fish.... I was hoping some of you could look at my profile and tell me if there is anything in there that will hurt cleaners if I decide to get more??? Seeing as how they're $20 a piece...... any help would be appreciated.....

I don't know anything about the Sally Lightfoot, but the rest of the inhabitants look shrimp friendly I believe.

How'dja fix your PH problem? Use the cone shaped screens for the intake? I've had snails and everything climbing on my Maxi-jet 600, 900, & 1200. Got snails and everything climbing on them with no fatalities to date. Only shrimp molts from time to time though.

Might try a few peppermint shrimp too. They stay in the background except when feeding and will keep any aptasia at bay. Lot less expensive than cleaners too. :D

I had the cone on there but still had some problems..... I picked up a sponge that fits over the grill for the powerhead.... it works great... I'll just have to take it out from time to time to clean.....

The Sally lightfoot is the only thing that worries me too... he's a pretty good size.... I was hoping someone could tell me for sure that it wouldn't cause any problems......

Just like all crabs, they have the potential to become a problem when they get large. Here are some links to check out. Not the best but, gives you general info on sally lightfoots. HTH

Back
Top Bottom