Need some advice in controlling hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glendale73

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I noticed them growing rapidly around August this year and I bought a Foxface Lo to get rid of them. The Foxface loved the algae and singlehandedly ate all of them like a lawnmower set to its lowest height adjustment. Problem solved? Not for long 'cause theeeeeeeey're baaaaaack?!?!?! Yes, three months later they're starting to grow rapidly again and my Foxface seems to have lost its taste for them hair algae. So I tossed in a couple of Algae Hermit Crabs and three Cerith Snails but they didn't seem to make a dent. Please help!

I am battling the same problem. I have a terrible hair algae problem. Someone suggested nudibranches to eat it, but none of my LFS have ever had them or I doubt they will order me one. What else eats this that I may be able to get a hold of (reefsafe). I don't wanna risk having a foxface nip my corals...

I was told emerald crabs. I had bought 4 of them for my 150 and at the same time I got my clean up crew from garf. Don't know which did but the next morning it was all gone.

I have hair algea too. I always use RO water, have no detectable Phosphates
Just the way it is.

Between the Snails, Lawnmower Blenny, and my Coral Beauty it never gets too crazy.

I actually dont mind it now and look at like a food source for my guys.

Back
Top Bottom