Need some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so i am thinking about putting a MH light on my tank. but i would like to keep my csl light too. i have a 46 bow and my queston is could i put it inbetween the 2 PC light in the unit? or would i make the unit over heat. if i cant do that what else could i do. i have about 6-7" in the vary front but most MH units are like 10" wide.

I was thinking of may be the HQI MH.

I have not seen a CSL unit in person but Im willing to bet that you wont easily be able to put a MH bulb in there with out doing some serious DIY work on it.

How much space is between the PC bulbs? One of the hurdles you will have to overcome is mounting the bulb socket in the fixture and then venting the heat. I guess this unit has afan and some vents?

The ballast for the MH will have to be remotly located and holes will need to be drilled into the lighting unit to allow running of the wires into it for the socket.

well i did think about thewire thing but i can take care of that. there is one fan the pulls air out of the unit and there is one hole for the air to get sucked in the unint (oppesit side)there is about 2" between the 2 bulbs. but ya that is what i was thinking is about they heat thing. could i keep the whole unit cool you think?

2" is not much. Depending on the bulb it could be very close to that size itself leaving almost no room between the PC bulbs and the MH bulb.

about how wode it the HQI bulbs? or would i be juest better off makeing my own HQI hood to sit in the front of the tank?

Back
Top Bottom