Need some help selecting Seahorse set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fossilx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking to set up a Seahorse tank and need to purchase everything from Amazon and would like to stay in the 25-40 gallon range.

Can you guys/girls tell me what I will need and other info, maybe post some links or just give the description and model number so I can find them on Amazon.

Hopefully I can get 100% of everything except the Horses from Amazon, thanks!

Can anyone help me out? Looking to get it as a gift for Xmas

thanks

If you read the link it will tell you what you need. Just get a regular tank and buy the stuff you need to it.

I appreciate your help was just looking for a second opinion just to be sure, thanks

If you read the link it will tell you what you need. Just get a regular tank and buy the stuff you need to it.

Mikes build really is all the info you will need. Some more quick notes to consider off the bat.

Taller the tank the better, 29 gallon being the smallest for a pair of larger species.
Pick your species first, be prepared to buy a chiller if your tanks are prone to large temp swings.
Plan your flow early and test it out, you will be surprised how easily they get blown around.
Keep only one species, and probably a species only tank.
Buy captive bred horses!!
You basically have to baby-proof the tank, they will cuddle with a heater or get sucked up in a filter if you let them. They are too curious and don't have the quickness or strength to get themselves outta trouble in a pinch.

Over everything, you need to read anything and everything on them. They aren't hard to care for provided you are very knowledgeable and keep a schedule. If this is your first saltwater tank, I would really really really recommend you hold off on them for now.

Back
Top Bottom