Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-23-2014, 09:53 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The star is fine if you don't add coral, the grouper is way to big for your tank.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:53 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

You can keep the Star fish if you don't have any coral although no star fish do well in aquariums in general. The grouper just has to go. Your only option to keep him is to upgrade. I'm dying to upgrade myself. I didn't know I couldn't keep a tang when I 1st started my 55

Old 02-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Need some help with our tank!

Go the route with the Angel fish and clowns? I don't think so. I could be wrong though! He could get huge! You'd need a big tank! I'd get rid of the starfish, they aren't good either. That way you can have corals and everything will be happy.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:00 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

Dwarf Angels are great centerpiece fish for a 55. I have a coral beauty. They aren't 100% reef safe but if you get them as juveniles they tend to be ok.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

We're probably doing an upgrade to 120 or 150 once we move in July that's why I was curious about keeping the grouper! Anemones are no big deal to me but my bf thinks they're awesome. Personally I just wanted a starfish a puffer and a shark, but puffers and starfish are no-no's. That I know for sure!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, they are one of those fish that you can't be sure of. Dwarf angels are amazing. There's a pretty good selection too. Make sure to only get one, they will fight to death, at least I've heard.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

Actually you can get a small puffer like a Valantini. It's possible he will pick at your snails and hermit crabs but as puffers go they are small. I have one in a 55. He will eat out of your hand. Very cool fish
Old 02-23-2014, 10:06 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Stinky Pete, will he be okay with my star? If so, one of my local stores has one, so sayonara grouper! Hello puffer!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well the puffer will probably pick at the star as well. My daughter puts her finger in the tank to let the puffer pick at it for fun. Not sure if a valantini could kill a star fish but I'm sure he would try. At the end if the day if you want coral the star has to go.

Tags
tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com