Need some help with our tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The star is fine if you don't add coral, the grouper is way to big for your tank.

You can keep the Star fish if you don't have any coral although no star fish do well in aquariums in general. The grouper just has to go. Your only option to keep him is to upgrade. I'm dying to upgrade myself. I didn't know I couldn't keep a tang when I 1st started my 55

Go the route with the Angel fish and clowns? I don't think so. I could be wrong though! He could get huge! You'd need a big tank! I'd get rid of the starfish, they aren't good either. That way you can have corals and everything will be happy.

Dwarf Angels are great centerpiece fish for a 55. I have a coral beauty. They aren't 100% reef safe but if you get them as juveniles they tend to be ok.

We're probably doing an upgrade to 120 or 150 once we move in July that's why I was curious about keeping the grouper! Anemones are no big deal to me but my bf thinks they're awesome. Personally I just wanted a starfish a puffer and a shark, but puffers and starfish are no-no's. That I know for sure!

Yeah, they are one of those fish that you can't be sure of. Dwarf angels are amazing. There's a pretty good selection too. Make sure to only get one, they will fight to death, at least I've heard.

Actually you can get a small puffer like a Valantini. It's possible he will pick at your snails and hermit crabs but as puffers go they are small. I have one in a 55. He will eat out of your hand. Very cool fish

Stinky Pete, will he be okay with my star? If so, one of my local stores has one, so sayonara grouper! Hello puffer!

Well the puffer will probably pick at the star as well. My daughter puts her finger in the tank to let the puffer pick at it for fun. Not sure if a valantini could kill a star fish but I'm sure he would try. At the end if the day if you want coral the star has to go.

Back
Top Bottom