Need some info on Remora Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking at getting the Remora Pro with the Mag/3. Do these cause a lot of bubbles in the tank and are they noisey?

thanks

I just got a used Remora Pro and a new Mag3 pump. I had bubbles flowing back into the tank for maybe 3 days. The skimmer is pulling lots of dark brown gunk from the tank. I will say that this particular Remora Pro is noisy. I can hear it in the room next door. The noise appears to be coming from where the water from the pump is being injected into the skimmer. It sounds a lot like the noise you get when you spray a garden hose into a bucket. I've never heard anyone else complain about it so maybe it is peculure to my skimmer. Also I've never seen another Remora Pro in operation so I have no comparison. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Anyone else having the problem with noise?

All skimmers produce some noise. The noise will die down after a month or so; the micro bubbles will reduce as well. The skimmer just needs to develop the organic coating on the inside.

anyone tried dynamat for quieting things? it's special sticky rubber used mostly in car stereo applications. It quiets anything...

Back
Top Bottom