Need Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm finally going to move into my own apartment, so im gearing up for a tank this fall.
I'm setting up my brothers old 12DX which is drilled and plumbed for a sump. It's going to be SPS dominated, with several acans and either a hammer or frogspawn.
But i need some suggestions on a fish or two. I don't want something that will perch or bother my SPS, so the usual clown gobies and stuff are out.
I was looking at orange lined cardinals, has anyone had any experience?
Or, what is your favorite nano fish that fits the description? the only other one i kinda like is a clownfish.

I love my YWMG and my clowns ... The dotty backs may not be suitable with shrimps etc ... I had a purple pseudochromis loved him he behaved then BOOM started to eat my cleaner shrimps !!So he gained the nick name purple piranha ...So for stocking I would say a small occ clown fish , and a ywmg ... All peaceful and will swim in most of the tank ...I believe the cardnials need groups of 3 but I am not 100% sure of this ...They are a pretty fish indeed and intresting looking ... HTH :D

Yellow Watch Man Goby (YWMG) :D
I have mismarked clowns and they are better than the "designer" clowns in my opnions ...
Damsels will likely be the only ones you can have as they are territorial as all get out :D

Yellow Watch Man Goby (YWMG) :D
I have mismarked clowns and they are better than the "designer" clowns in my opnions ...
Damsels will likely be the only ones you can have as they are territorial as all get out :D

Haha, that was my guess but i was counting watchmen as one word.. i couldnt get what that M was. I also thought it was friday for the first 1.5 of my day...just one of those days.
Yea, as I figure 2-3 fish will probably be the max for me. Does your yellow stay on the sandbed most of the time or all over?

Mine is an all over one tho he prefers the sand bed area , I find him popping out from just about any hidey hole area ... When I feed forget it he is all over that tank ..
A couple more options some ff , I love the purples but have never seen them locally here ... but they are jumpers and need a top of some sort ... when I had mine they were every where , I had a pair that paired up for me but no babies :p or if there were they were food for the others ....

Back
Top Bottom