Need suggestions for last fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have a 150 with honeycomb grouper male bird wrasse Niger trigger yellow tang and orbiculate bat fish.

I was thinking about those. I may do a tang. Not sure. Thanks for the suggestions. Do you know any specific species that are cool?

crister13 said:
I was thinking about those. I may do a tang. Not sure. Thanks for the suggestions. Do you know any specific species that are cool?

Of tangs? Or puffers and eels?

I would get some kind of Tang...I love Tangs. If you can get it to get along with your Yellow, I would get a Scopas Tang. I will be getting a Scopas and Yellow for my 125g reef! :)

crister13 said:
How long would I be able to keep a brown banded bamboo (8")

Not sure how fast they grow, but they are difficult to keep. I wouldnt go for it, you dont want to have to give away fish eventually...how bout a snowflake eel or a saddle puffer?

Seeing how long. Coral cat shark sorry some people call banded bamboos corals. And I meant png eppie which get about .66 of the size.

I would not go with the sharks - then again, I've had this argument time and time again with people about how having to remove a fish from your tank because it's gotten big causes unneeded stress on the fish, on you, and on your tank in general (sometimes catching the little buggers requires a lot more tearing apart your tank than you'd like)

Personally I'd stick with a fish that you can keep for the long haul. I love sharks, they're beautiful, elegant, and awesome to watch - but they also have very specific needs. Don't become one of the idiots on youtube posting a shark WAY too big for the tank that it's in.

Not passing judgement, just making the suggestion. It takes a very special kind of care to keep a shark in an environment in which it will thrive. While 180/300 may be the minimum requireds for the sharks you mentioned, I personally believe they shouldn't be housed in anything that small either.

Thank you so much. Every once in awhile I get that little hope. I think coral cats should have An 8x3 tank. That's my dream build. Thanks again. For bandeds I think 10x5. I treat them like fish, not eels lol.

I kept a porcupine many years ago, in a tank far too small for a porcupine (it was a baby, and I did eventually donate him to a friends 300 when he got too big), and he was by far the most entertaining fish I've ever owned. Constantly hanging at the top of the tank, coming to the surface to be fed by hand etc

Super awesome choice of a fish :)

Back
Top Bottom