Need suggestions! New fish for 75 Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishys

Aquarium Advice Activist
We have a 75 gallon that we are wanting to add another fish too and looking for ideas on what we should get. We currently have 2 fuzzy dwarf lion fish and 1 snowflake eel. Lots of live rock, 1 Kenya tree, button polyps, 2 mushrooms. I want an open swimmer so the tank doesn't look so empty :) We were thinking a Tassle filefish but they said it is not reef safe. Thanks!

Love the Hoven's wrasse! It says reef with caution. Do you have experience with them in that area? We have a Kenya tree mushrooms and coco worm.

I have one. Bad pic during my algae part of the tanks life but you get it, lol

image-4038442638.jpg

He is coral safe from my experience and hermit/snail safe. I have had him for about 3months and he is only more bold with his colors since.

I have zoas, Kenya tree, and a hammer. Mine is not aggressive at all but is a very aggressive eater. So cool to watch and very active.

I do not have shrimp though. So can't give adice on that. He also is supposed to eat flatworms and Bristol worms.

Great thank you! Our store gets another shipment on Tuesday so hopefully they have one!

Mr. D that looks alot like a melenarus wrasse.... Is that just a differant name for the same fish?

I have a lion fish snow flake eel a ****** fish and a clarki clown fish. They all seem to do fine together. The trigger is a neat fish with a personality. The clarki clown fish is hosting a rose bubble anemone which is cool to watch at feeding time, because the clarki shares all his food with the anemone.

I love wrasses because they are always actively swimming, hardy and you can pretty well mix them without issues. The Leopard Wrasse is gorgeous as is the Mystery Wrasse if you can find one at an acceptable price. Just make sure you have a cover because they are notorious jumpers.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Mr. D that looks alot like a melenarus wrasse.... Is that just a differant name for the same fish?

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's just a nickname. I think melenarus is part of the species/genus name.

Thanks! We are having a difficult time deciding what to get. I really want a porcupine puffer! Our tank is too small (getting a bigger one soon!) also I don't think they would go well with our lions. Also I want a trigger but don't want to glue the rocks. I love the looks of the wrasse but our LFS don't have many to choose from right now. Also my husband want to target feed all the fish and not just drop in food. Which is where we are running into problems :)

We target feed our puffer, Niger trigger. And lunar wrasse. They eat from our hands. And the puffer spits!!! It's awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom