Need to catch my Emerald Crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone come up with a good homemade trap? One of my crabs has gotten rather large. I have seen him take a swipe at several of my fish. I believe he got my neon goby and has taken out several hemits.
The problem is, he stay deep within the rock and will not come out for any bait I have placed.
Any ideas, success stories?

I got mine by grabbing the rock he was hiding on and knocking him him in a cup. I have caught others when they venture out by wedging them in a corner with my fish stick and getting a cup under them. Of course a net would be easier but I have my stick that I use for enforcement purposes :)

BTW, My stick is a broken algea scraper.

Sounds like a good plan. The only problem for me is that he is under a series of rocks ( about 80-90lbs worth) and I cannot take it out without hurting something. He just never seems to wander from there. Maybe I should check after lights out.

This isn't the nicest way but a sharpened crab harpoon may be your only option :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom