Need to make a decision 120/90/75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree that I will need to do something as my colonies grow...right now they aren't big enough to warrent anthing other then PWCs....in a year I will have to add a CA reactor I expect and when I do it will be a setup large enough to handle a "Large" tank. My SPS are no where near as old or large as the ones you have in your tank...eventually though I'll have to make changes to my setup....I know that and have been planning accordingly...thanks for keeping me on my toes though...it is good to be reminded of what is to come and not just what is....

Gotcha. I think your in this for the long haul, that's why I mentioned that. Honestly I was caught a little off guard by the demands of my tank. I could use a reactor, especially 6 months to a year down the road :roll:
Best of luck and I can't wait for the build thread.

Ziggy, I see you mentioned the nono streams above. How did the Koralia work out?

LOL....it is still on back order and I haven't gotten it in yet....I canceled the first order I had for one through Marinedepot...I got an ASM G4+ skimmer for $50 needed a new pump and an o-ring so when I ordered the o-ring I ordered a KH1 (400gph) and it was back ordered...who knows...maybe I will get it before Christmass....I still have another Nano Stream on the way but that wont even ship until th 20th...I'll be sure to let you know what I thought of the Koralia....

So far, I have 2 of the Hydor 2s in my 55G and 2 of the 4s in my 125. I have had them for about two months and am quite pleased. I like the fact there are no suction cups and the flow is a wide and gentle.

Dr Foster & Smith has them on sale for 47.99 though they don't expect a shipment until the 23rd. I guess they are very popular.

I see your wife made your decision for you. As you know I have a 120g that is still in the setup stage. It's been a slow go but it's going as planned. Though I love the size of the tank, the only negative that I see so far is that it is soooo deep. I am 6'6" and I can barely reach the bottom and that is with the five inch sand bed. I will need a step ladder to place the rocks. Other than that I love the size. Good luck.

When I built the stand for my 72 I made it much taller then a normal stand so I'm used to having to use a step ladder to get to the bottom....I will have this tank be it a 75 or a 90 higher still then the 72 because it will be a wall mount...I'm in the design phase of the lighting rack for the tank...

Well we are back to the 90 or 120...My wife likes the idea of having some larger fish in this tank....so it will depend on which I can find for a good price that is. I really want the 120 I like having the extra water volume and depth of tank.

Here is what I have decided either way:

I will be going with a dual 250 MH (14k I believe) and a dual VHO for actinic supplement. I plan on using Tunze Nano Streams and Hydor Koralias for flow in the tank and probably a Mag 18 for the return. I'm still up in the air about connecting the 72 to the new tank, I know I can do it but not sure if I wan to do it...

More to come...

What about a 125...pssst, they have the same footprint as a 150....

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me Lindsay!

I do not need a stand with this tank as I will be building what it sits on and all of that will be hidden.

The 120 you linked I already inquired about and the tank as been sold. Ive been checking every day but only a few 120s or 90s have popped up.

Scott...the space I'm putting this tank it can be no more then 48" long. I've only ever seen 5' 125s and 150s...I just don't have the room for one that size. The wall this is going to be mounted in isn't long enough for a tank longer then 48".

Ahhh, my 125 is 6 feet long. Too bad....maybe you'll have to find another wall...LOL!

LOL...nope it is this wall and a 120....I only have 51.5" to work with, I'll have to take some pics so you guys can see what I am talking about...

Back
Top Bottom