Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-16-2007, 05:28 PM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I agree that I will need to do something as my colonies grow...right now they aren't big enough to warrent anthing other then PWCs....in a year I will have to add a CA reactor I expect and when I do it will be a setup large enough to handle a "Large" tank. My SPS are no where near as old or large as the ones you have in your tank...eventually though I'll have to make changes to my setup....I know that and have been planning accordingly...thanks for keeping me on my toes though...it is good to be reminded of what is to come and not just what is....

Old 04-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Gotcha. I think your in this for the long haul, that's why I mentioned that. Honestly I was caught a little off guard by the demands of my tank. I could use a reactor, especially 6 months to a year down the road
Best of luck and I can't wait for the build thread.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #23
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I intend to post it every step of the way....it's going to take some time, but it will be posted...
Old 04-17-2007, 12:42 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ziggy, I see you mentioned the nono streams above. How did the Koralia work out?
Old 04-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #25
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

LOL....it is still on back order and I haven't gotten it in yet....I canceled the first order I had for one through Marinedepot...I got an ASM G4+ skimmer for $50 needed a new pump and an o-ring so when I ordered the o-ring I ordered a KH1 (400gph) and it was back ordered...who knows...maybe I will get it before Christmass....I still have another Nano Stream on the way but that wont even ship until th 20th...I'll be sure to let you know what I thought of the Koralia....
Old 04-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #26
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
So far, I have 2 of the Hydor 2s in my 55G and 2 of the 4s in my 125. I have had them for about two months and am quite pleased. I like the fact there are no suction cups and the flow is a wide and gentle.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:18 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Dr Foster & Smith has them on sale for 47.99 though they don't expect a shipment until the 23rd. I guess they are very popular.

I see your wife made your decision for you. As you know I have a 120g that is still in the setup stage. It's been a slow go but it's going as planned. Though I love the size of the tank, the only negative that I see so far is that it is soooo deep. I am 6'6" and I can barely reach the bottom and that is with the five inch sand bed. I will need a step ladder to place the rocks. Other than that I love the size. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:56 PM   #28
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

When I built the stand for my 72 I made it much taller then a normal stand so I'm used to having to use a step ladder to get to the bottom....I will have this tank be it a 75 or a 90 higher still then the 72 because it will be a wall mount...I'm in the design phase of the lighting rack for the tank...
Old 04-24-2007, 08:17 AM   #29
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well we are back to the 90 or 120...My wife likes the idea of having some larger fish in this tank....so it will depend on which I can find for a good price that is. I really want the 120 I like having the extra water volume and depth of tank.

Here is what I have decided either way:

I will be going with a dual 250 MH (14k I believe) and a dual VHO for actinic supplement. I plan on using Tunze Nano Streams and Hydor Koralias for flow in the tank and probably a Mag 18 for the return. I'm still up in the air about connecting the 72 to the new tank, I know I can do it but not sure if I wan to do it...

More to come...
Old 04-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #30
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
What about a 125...pssst, they have the same footprint as a 150....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com