Nem attached to zoas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope my zoas don't die. :/ very interesting how my nem moved. Do they float to move? Or they crawl?

Most just crawl until they find their happy place. I've heard the long tentacle varied attach and usually stay in one spot a little better. But no guarantees.

The "crawl" around the tank, and can also let go to float wherever the current takes them.

That sucks my zoas looked like they were being ironed by my nem. They looked so flat now. I like to keep this nem but I don't want it stinking my other corals :/

Very tough call, very beautiful nems. Hopefully it will find a good spot. I was going to get the tri colored one, but heard they could start stinging my corals. So no nem for me yet.

Very tough call, very beautiful nems. Hopefully it will find a good spot. I was going to get the tri colored one, but heard they could start stinging my corals. So no nem for me yet.

I have 2 nems, and neither has stung any other corals, but I guess I just got lucky.

Nems only move if the water conditions and lighting is not correct. Under the right conditions they never move. I have 5 in a mixed reef and have never had a problem in 5 years.

Yeah I rescape my rocks and put another powerhead a littl bit closer to him so thats probably why he moved.

Could anemones sting fish too? My midas blenny is breathing heavily and lying on the sand. I really don't know what caused him to be sooo sick. I tested my water and ammonia was 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0, phosphate was 0, ph at 8, KH=9 and calcium 440.

Back
Top Bottom