Nem splitting always bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty Fraiser

Aquarium Advice Activist
If a nem splits does this always relate to something negative? Mine has been happy and beautiful for 3 years. Today I look in the tank and now there is 2!

Have there been any changes to the tank recently? Even something as simple as changing of bulbs in a T5HO or MH unit could cause such an event from minor stress. Typically, splitting isn't a good thing. It is a 'last ditch' effort to preserve itself.
Though this being said, people have reported healthy splitting of their anemone...though I have never experienced this personally...and could still be explained by the bulb situation I stated above in a tank with stable and pristine parameters.

Not a change that I know of anyway. I use maxspect mAzarra p series led lights. Tank is four years old I think. Maybe 3. Anyway. Temp is running a little higher than normal. It got to 80 today while my wife and kids were at the zoo. She turned air of this morning and forgot to turn it back on. It usually fluctuates from 78 to 80 anyway though.

A quick rise in temp could do it as well if it went up quickly. My tank runs around 80 during the summer since my house bakes in the sun all day. I have to run the AC to keep the temp from skyrocketing.

Back
Top Bottom