New 10g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm starting a new 10g reef and was wondering if anyone could just give me some pointers on how to keep a good reef. I've talked to many people and done plenty of research but just wanted to see what you people have to say and yes I have a light strong enough and the tank is cycled. I will only keep soft corals for now. But ya any info and pointers will be great!!!

Test often and take things slow. In a 10g I might look at 2 fish maximum. Just be sure to quarantine everything before it goes into your dt even if its your first fish. If you bring ich into your tank it will have to remain fishless for 6 weeks to get rid of it.

Is it just primarily keeping water parameters in check?

It depends on the fish if you do get some. 10 gallons is hard to get nice fish in. A nano reef is hard because concentrations of ammonia, nitrites and nitrates can rise quickly.

The nanos are more difficult to keep parameters in check. I started with a 20 and was having a few issues until I added a 10g refugium.

Back
Top Bottom