New 110 g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ingy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am going to look at a tank tomorrow and I know nothing about this light. It's a Aquatic Life light fixture 4x48 with LEDs. Anybody know anything about this? I know the wattage is low (2w/gal) but this is just going to be a softie and leather type tank. I will upgrade lights at a later date.
But what about these ones?

4x48 means it has 4 bulbs that are 48 inches and the LEDs are going to be moonlights. Whether this fixture is any good is going to be determined by what kind of bulbs it uses. A 4 bulb t8 is a waste but if its t5ho then it should be good. Also if its used I would invest in some new bulbs.

Yeah. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this brand of lights. It is a 4x48 T5HO with 2 actinic 1 violet and 1 10K bulb. That puts it at 2w per gal as I mentioned. But, has anybody used that brand of fixture?

I had that light before I upgraded to LEDs. It worked ok. I even had a crocea clam under it.

Thanks folks. I'm now trying to talk the missus into purchasing a 110 tall, with over 100lb LR, a 50 gal acrylic sump, SRO skimmer etc. There are also a few fish, lots of inverts and is over 6 month running. If only the stand were prettier it would be an easy sell (or buy). Time to promise that sunny vacation I guess.

You can bring her to sunny Ca there's a huge reef show October 20-21 haha

Back
Top Bottom