New 120 build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If a fish is MIA u need to seek and remove bc he will poison tank if dead

I would keep an eye on your ammonia levels, but if you can't find the dead damsel, I wouldn't tear apart your tank or LR looking for it. I think your clean up crew will take care of it, plus it's a 120gal. Just keep checking your Ammonia levels and do water changes if necessary.

Of course, only if you can't find it, and just my opinion.

Fishies are finally getting comfortable with their new digs. They are not hiding so much during the day. At least the damsels. The coral beauty spends most of its time swimming up and down and around the left side of the glass. Every now and then he'll cruise around the rest of the tank. In out put of the rocks and through the tunnels and caves. I'll post a few pix in a bit.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Spotted said:
Fishies are finally getting comfortable with their new digs. They are not hiding so much during the day. At least the damsels. The coral beauty spends most of its time swimming up and down and around the left side of the glass. Every now and then he'll cruise around the rest of the tank. In out put of the rocks and through the tunnels and caves. I'll post a few pix in a bit.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

I am glad everything is going well, and I will keep my eyes peeled for the pictures. :)

OK so i haven't updated this in a while, so here we go.
I added 10 turbos, 10 XL cerinth, and 20 nassarius snails. I love those little snails! They zip around all over the place. The ceriths just kinda dug in and disappeared a few minutes after they were dropped in the tank. The turbos, another story. 2 took to the top of the tank, the rest nothing, so in the morning I moved the ones that hadn't moved to on of the rocks. The next morning 2 move moved a few inches fro where they were. The next day and a few forum posts later, I pulled 6 dead snails out of the tank.
I lost a few fish since my last post. I lost 5 of the yellow tails. So i have left the coral beauty and 1 yellow tail. So today on my weekly trip to my lfs for another fresh 20 gallons, a friend came with me. He decided I needed more fish in the tank and picked up 5 green chromis and 10 blue leg hermits. I love the hermits. Something about little things scurrying about the tank. Other than swimmy things I like all the action in the tank.
Glad to say the 2 remaining fish seem really healthy and hungry. Time will tell on the new additions.
I promise to put up picks in the morning.
I have rearrangee the rocks a bit. I plan on ordering another 50# of base rock from reefrocks.net next Friday when I gets paid. Waiting on my ro/di unit to come in so i can stop buying lfs water.

OK so i haven't updated this in a while, so here we go.
I added 10 turbos, 10 XL cerinth, and 20 nassarius snails. I love those little snails! They zip around all over the place. The ceriths just kinda dug in and disappeared a few minutes after they were dropped in the tank. The turbos, another story. 2 took to the top of the tank, the rest nothing, so in the morning I moved the ones that hadn't moved to on of the rocks. The next morning 2 move moved a few inches fro where they were. The next day and a few forum posts later, I pulled 6 dead snails out of the tank.
I lost a few fish since my last post. I lost 5 of the yellow tails. So i have left the coral beauty and 1 yellow tail. So today on my weekly trip to my lfs for another fresh 20 gallons, a friend came with me. He decided I needed more fish in the tank and picked up 5 green chromis and 10 blue leg hermits. I love the hermits. Something about little things scurrying about the tank. Other than swimmy things I like all the action in the tank.
Glad to say the 2 remaining fish seem really healthy and hungry. Time will tell on the new additions.
I promise to put up picks in the morning.
I have rearrangee the rocks a bit. I plan on ordering another 50# of base rock from reefrocks.net next Friday when I gets paid. Waiting on my ro/di unit to come in so i can stop buying lfs water.

Sorry for your losses.

I will be waiting for the pictures! ;)

Nice! I like the Chromis, I may get some kind for my 125g. I love how they are active and school together.

your sand is so clean what do you do to get it like that

I haven't really done anything to the sand. I mean I only have a few fish in 120 gallons of water and it's only been up for 3 months. So, I would hope the sand is clean.
With that said, I also have 20 little nass snails in there that stir the sand, and another 10 XL ceriths that also stir the sand. I don't know if they are all that much help, I don't see anything but the small Nassarius guys.
Tonite I have added another 2 fishies. I now have a pair of Ocellaris Clown fish. I couldn't help it, Petco had a really good price on them, 12.99 for Petco card members. So, I got them.
I also picked up a 10 gallon, a 20 gallon tall I intend to turn into a sump, a 20 gallon long for a couple of fresh water fish I have left over from my 55 gallon, a Commet (he has gotten HUGE) and a Pleco. and a 10 gallon for a QT. **** Petco and their dollar a gallon sales!!!
Do you think the 10 is good enough for a QT?
I will add pics once the clowns have adjusted a bit.
:dance:
Excited!!

Updated pics. Ordering another 50# base rock tomorrow. Is that going to kick off a cycle or will the BB just grow onto the new rock?

ForumRunner_20120119_090723.jpg

ForumRunner_20120119_090808.jpg

ForumRunner_20120119_090832.jpg

ForumRunner_20120119_090850.jpg

Put the base rock in SW tub and test it. Base rock is liely dry, but I would never chance it doesn't have something on it that might start decaying again once it gets wet again.

Better Pics

Attachments

• IMG_7893.jpg
    IMG_7893.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_7894.jpg
    IMG_7894.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7896.jpg
    IMG_7896.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_7902.jpg
    IMG_7902.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 100
Going to get an overflow and sump started soon. I will be building my own sump from a 20H tank.
What overflow would you guys suggest? There are so many. Also what flow rate should I get? Currently I have 2 1050 Korlia Evos and the flow from my Eheim 2080.

Back
Top Bottom