New 20 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright, I've decided to go with blue. I think it makes the tank look a lot more natural, and brighter as a whole. I may change it once I add corals, but for now it'll do. As always, thanks for your guys' input.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, pictures never do justice so it may look better in person. I got a new Koralia 425 in today after my old one broke. It took 12 days to get here.

Very true and right on. Whats your current turnover rate?

Mines about 50x.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's about 30x.

I clouded up my tank today searching for goby because he hides under rocks too much. Thinking about taking him back and getting a Royal Gamma/gramma, or Helfrechi Firefish (My LFS has them for $30!), or a Purple Firefish.
I never get to see the goby so there's no point in having him.

My sand bed is also really weird. It's a good size grain but whenever you wave something or move a rock a cloud of murky dust explodes. I don't know how to get rid of it.

My clownfish bit me about 100 times today. Thankfully the one that hurts stayed away. Only my little one bit. Not sure why though because they are normally ok...

Right on. I was going for 30 myself, but somehow I ended up with more.

Maybe give the goby a few more days to settle in. He could still be getting used to the tank.

As for the sand, I can't give you much insight as I've never had that happen to me before. Try adding some polyfill or floss to your filter. The stuff is great at trapping tiny particles that may be floating around in your tank.

Forgot to post some shots of the tank with the background on. Haha I'm already thinking about changing it to black.

Attachments

• 1392840972214.jpg
    1392840972214.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 1392841099215.jpg
    1392841099215.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 57
Weird. I'll try to post them again. Glad to hear that though.

Attachments

• 1392846439875.jpg
    1392846439875.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 1392846451862.jpg
    1392846451862.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 70
Right on. Thanks.

Cool. What do you guys plan on stocking it with? There aren't many options, as far as fish, for a 10 gallon tank. At least in my opinion..

Nice. I was looking at getting one myself. Good luck with the tank.

I've never used the stuff. Maybe someone else can give you some input.

Woke up this morning to a dying clown. Tested the water and ammonia was at 0.25 ppm. Quickly did a good 25-30% water change and placed the dying clown in a mesh breeder box in a low flow area of the tank. I plan on doing another 25-30% water change in about an hour or so, but is there anything else I can do to help save the little guy? No one else seems to be affected.

Nevermind, he didn't make it..

Back
Top Bottom