New 20 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you referring to the orbit?

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The Eco is not dimmable! I am looking to for a better light then the orbit! I don't trust the quality. Imo

My thoughts exactly. Glad I could help.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Let us know what you end up getting, Mac.

I decided to use the rapid par 38 bulbs! Good price with good penetrating 3watt LEDs! Hope they work out

While looking at lights again this morning, I found myself going back to the Orbit's main webpage. Now we all know that these fixtures use only quarter watt LEDs, which are considered by most to be "weak," but I came upon this chart that goes over the initial PAR value of the Orbit over a typical 24" depth tank (something I overlooked before).

After going over this chart serveral times and seeing that my new setup will be only 12" deep, I am, once again, really considering getting one of these fixtures.

Check it out for yourself:
http://current-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Orbit_Marine_Light_Specifications.jpg

I saw this chart too. My tank is 16" tall, though. I'm still considering it, but there are cheaper options too. I'm extremely confused on what to do.

I am another that spent 300 on the orbit! This light will not support coral growth! May keep them alive, but you will not see much for growth!

Take a look at the rapid led par 38 ! That is what I have chosen to replace my orbit with!

Mac, I am under the impression that the amount of watts each LED puts out is mainly for penetration value. Therefore, the deeper the tank is, the more power you need to penetrate through the water. I could be completely wrong about this, but that is my understanding, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nelix, how deep is your tank?

No you are right. I just think you need at least 1 watt LEDS like I've heard from other people. I can't seem to find anyone who uses it on the same size tank though :/.

Haha, I looked at some PAR38 bulbs and they look pretty good and they are a great price...
I wish I had more assurance on the orbit because it looks really cool.

You not wrong when you say it more light to reach more PAR deeper, but just considering the fact light emit like a cone, if you put it more far, less PAR will reach.

A laser don't loose PAR over distance, but normal light/led yes, because it spread.

Haha, I looked at some PAR38 bulbs and they look pretty good and they are a great price...
I wish I had more assurance on the orbit because it looks really cool.

Same. I liked the PAR38 bulbs as well, but im looking for something "sleeker" and not so commercial. I think I'll probably end up getting the orbit just to test it out for myself.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom