New 20 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the orbit! It's a nice light but not strong enough to house most corals! I will be upgrading mine soon, or just adding to it!

Yeah, I've been hearing that a lot. It's a huge let down as I really liked the fixture and all of it's features.

How deep is your tank? I'm under the impression that these lights will do better over a shallow tank.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, I've been hearing that a lot. It's a huge let down as I really liked the fixture and all of it's features.

How deep is your tank? I'm under the impression that these lights will do better over a shallow tank.

16" deep. I ran it maximum only the firsts days on 100% while testing for cycling. HUUUUUUGE algae production :p !!

16" deep. I ran it maximum only the firsts days on 100% while testing for cycling. HUUUUUUGE algae production :p !!

Sorry, that question was directed toward nelix10.

I just can't afford to spend that much on a light fixture, Vince.

Tank is 18" deep! Light sits 1" above the water! I'm doping fine with my Lps corals, just put in my first sps only time will tell

Sorry, that question was directed toward nelix10.

I just can't afford to spend that much on a light fixture, Vince.

If you just want softies and lps get a fixture from aquatraders. Make sure it has 3 watt leds

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389753581.581988.jpg
My nem has started to regain colour, so I feel like the light is almost enough!
I should add that I have 2 of those cheep marine land light strips in the front that I only run the blue lights on!

Right on. I'm still looking around for some other fixtures, but I keep finding myself going back to the Orbit. Aquatraders just doesn't seem to have any that would be suitable for my needs.

I am having the same problem with my 20g High! I don't know if the orbit will be enough or what I would have to add to it! What did you end up doing?

Put a little 50-100$ more, you won't regreat it :D !!! I said same thing that you for my 20g. "I won't put more than 200$" ona light. So I've took a look on Orbit fixture (here it's 230$). But I've decided to cancel my order and take the R420R.

I won't go back to save buck, I really too much enjoy this light, my corals color is huge, and the light is dimmed to 65%W 55%B all the day.

Programmable dual channel on 6 points on a scale from 1% to 100% with 1% precision.
It mean you can do THIS:

....................... 0:00 13:00 14:00 16:00 22:00 23:30
WHIT CHANNEL: 0% ....0% ....25% ....75% ....75% ....10%
BLUE CHANNEL: 1% ....1% ....63% ....75% ....75% ....30%

The time precision for program settings is 30 minutes, and you can set the current time with this precision: 23:42

I know I insist on this light, but I'm not here for advertising, only to show you my satisfaction degree.

There are 3 modes:
- Automatic (Your home made program)
- Manual: You set it dimmed on what you want and it keep like this until you change program mode
- Preset: Unusefull already setted program that I never used....

I'm not putting anything against you. It's a great light many people have mentioned it before. It's just a lot more then I wanted to spend. I guess I'll have to think about though. I was thinking maybe just to go with the generic EBAY led or taotronics or the DSunY.

I'm not putting anything against you. It's a great light many people have mentioned it before. It's just a lot more then I wanted to spend. I guess I'll have to think about though. I was thinking maybe just to go with the generic EBAY led or taotronics or the DSunY.

I was thinking about the fact the Orbit come with a lot of "cool" options, like a good toy... But in the price you pay for a remote and for programs that you don't need... There are probably better light than mine that's cheeper, or similar lighting programmable, but take something that you'll be satisfied of it...

If I had did the mistake of buying the Orbit, I would wanted to upgrade to something "more professional looking" or more powerfull... Some have great success with simple dual t5 fixtures set on two timers (blue and white)... And some other great success with 2xW 2xB(actinic) T8 fixture on dual timer too...

Or maybe you can go something like 30W LED output but really cheaper than Orbit... Do you absolutely want it dimmable ? It's only a personal choice...

Do you plan on growing SPS ?

Back
Top Bottom