New 25g hex, uniquarium build. Possible MTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also bought 3.5lbs of live rock rubble for biological filtration. I still need another pound or two. I may go get that today. I also bought some ammonia to use for cycling but found out in contained a surfactant so can't use it. I bought red max clear ammonia from Lowes. I am using shrimp in panty hose instead for an ammonia source.

Anyone know where I could get a peacock mantis shrimp. I only saw one for sale online for like $70 + shipping. I could maybe ask my lfs to order one. Or maybe a snowflake eel, my wife doesn't like the eel so much though.

There are several online vendors. I got my LFS to order mine for me and I only paid about $59 for him. He was about 7".

Saratj1 said:
Anyone know where I could get a peacock mantis shrimp. I only saw one for sale online for like $70 + shipping. I could maybe ask my lfs to order one. Or maybe a snowflake eel, my wife doesn't like the eel so much though.

Check divers den on liveaquaria. They usually have them for sale.

I'm kinda rethinking the mantis shrimp as I couldn't put any other creature in the tank, I know hence species tank, I just wonder if I would enjoy it. Do the mantis shrimp hide most of the time?

Saratj1 said:
I'm kinda rethinking the mantis shrimp as I couldn't put any other creature in the tank, I know hence species tank, I just wonder if I would enjoy it. Do the mantis shrimp hide most of the time?

Reefcentral.com forums has its own mantis sub forum. Take a look there. Ive never heard anyone unhappy about an intentional purchase of a mantis.

Still cycling, the ammonia is through the roof, and just starting to get some nitrites. Using a handful of unpeeled shrimp. I'm using 100 bio balls and around 8-10lbs of live rock for biological filtration, and a protein skimmer. Don't have any mechanical filtration yet still figuring out how to set that up with this tanks configuration.
Still not 100% sure where this tank is going livestock wise. Mantis shrimp is a definite possibility, not really sure what else I might want to do.

Thanks for the reply, I haven't been active on the forum lately I felt like for a couple weeks all I was doing on here was arguing with people lol.
The tank is going well I still haven't decided what to do with it so I just got four green chromis and about 10lbs of live rock. I still don't know what direction I want to go with the tank. I was thinking about a mantis shrimp, but kinda decided against it because of their requirements, and the narrow shape of the tank.

image-1677926061.jpg

A recent pic.

Back
Top Bottom