Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #111

Yes, I have been testing everyday. I just got my RO/DI so I am off to set it up!

I am done with my sickness for at least a month... I promised myself. I realize I went a little to quick. I staggered coral additions 2-3 per weekend and I am staying with the 3 fish until my tank is established enough to get my blenny and that will be all until I upgrade.....very soon!

EDIT: RO/DI is flushing. Hopefully this will help because I am having a green hair algae problem starting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rodi_918.jpg (30.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-07-2006, 09:39 PM   #112

Things have been going ok with the exception of a little hair algae problem, and my clown trying to host my favorite zoo(The zoo does not like it) I told the clown to stop but he will not listen.

I got 3 emerald crabs today and they have been going crazy on the hair algae all day. I actually like them alot so I hope they do not become an issue.

I went to the LFS to get the crabs and nassarius snails and what happens...I get some free xenia because the guy had to get rid of some. So, I didn't break my promise of no more for 1 month. Free stuff does not count. He He

I also got some nassarius snails to finish up my cleaning crew. For the final crew I have:

10 Nassarius
4 Ceriths
5 Astrea
6 Hermits
3 Emerald Crabs
2 Margarita
2 bumble bee
1 serpant star

How does it look? I plan on sticking with this unless I have an issue. I am going to try and get some pics and post tonight.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:31 PM   #113
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Sweet Mike, can't wait to see updated pictures!

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:08 AM   #114
Aquarium Advice Freak

Your tank has come a long way...great pics....more!!!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #115

Latest

Well here is the latest. The hair/bubble algae problem is starting to slowly minimize with the RO/DI and my Emerald Crabs eating all day.

Here is a pic of the free xenia I got, one of my nassarius snails, emerald crab, bad pic of Royal Gama(She doesn't like pics!) and a dot. What is the dot? You can't see it in the pic but yesterday I noticed about 5-6 dots of coraline on my glass!! It has only been a few months so that makes me happy.

Other than that, I lost a few small hermits. Do you think they were killed by the few larger ones?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg emerald_crab_452.jpg (30.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg xenia_136.jpg (38.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg first_coraline_dot_786.jpg (32.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg sneak_peak_963.jpg (27.5 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg nassarius_370.jpg (24.8 KB, 244 views)
Old 10-08-2006, 04:53 PM   #116
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Hehe, lookin good Mike. Are you sure the hermits weren't just molts?Or are they gone now and you can't find them?

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #117
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
Wow it's really coming together.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:27 PM   #118

Hermits

Thanks.

And, I found their shells lying on the sand not moving?

Also, it is normal for the hermits to be on your corals every now and then right? I don't think they hurt them but I have noticed a few of them on my zoos and was wondering if it was normal.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #119
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
What IS normal.

Normal - conforming with or constituting a norm or standard or level or type or social norm; not abnormal

If you are relating your experiences with your own aquarium as a seperate society within, then normal is simply the everyday actions and reactions sustained.

Technically, if the crabs got on your coral every week, that would be normal. And if for some reason they stopped, that would be abnormal.

lol JK man I have not idea heh....
Old 10-09-2006, 03:07 AM   #120

Speakerman, have you been drinking!

Isnt anybody going to give me congrats that I have 10-20 little pink dots on my glass!!! I am excited about it!

Tags
30 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com