Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-13-2006, 07:56 AM   #141

Quote:
build a frag tank out of acrylic. get a halide for it. sell them.
I am happy to see you have all the answers in 3 weeks

Unforunately, I live in a studio condo and there is no way to put any more tanks. Along with being a full time college student, and working 45+ hrs a week, I will have to put my lucrative frag business aside.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:14 PM   #142
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
You can frag in a 10 gallon though Mike.

Seriously, if they start getting too big, fragging just once a month can free up space, give you some extra cash, and keep another coral on the reef. I'm not saying start a frag business, but don't be afraid of it. As soon as I can get a setup, I'm going to convert my 10 gallon into a small frag tank and attempt an LPS fragging session. Fun times.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #143

I was actually planning on setting up a 12 Oceanic Bio-cube soon to go on the island in my kitchen.

Maybe I can incorporate an eggcrate rack for frags?
Old 10-13-2006, 11:02 PM   #144
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike469
I am happy to see you have all the answers in 3 weeks
I'm not sure what your trying to get at so I will just take that with a grain of salt and explain I was merely making a fairly reasonable suggestion. I know several people here locally who frag and sell, not as a business but as a hobby.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:59 AM   #145

updates

Quote:
You can frag in a 10 gallon though Mike.
You ALL are like enablers to an already serious problem! LOL My bank account came over tonight and slapped me around!

So here are a couple of more pics. The zoo in the pic is expanding so fast it is awesome. It is really cool because it is my favorite one. It is weird because this is the zoo that stays open all the time and if it closes it opens right up. I have another that takes for ever! Is this something to do with health?

Anyway, just a full tank under acintics, cool lucky pick or star, and pick of Emerald Crab in Zoo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg great_star_shot_835.jpg (36.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg full_act_1013_186.jpg (27.5 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg emerald_in_zoo2_169.jpg (41.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-14-2006, 03:29 AM   #146
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
Purty. I'm dissapointed with my tank right now...its completely covered in diatoms...probobly going to kill all the beautiful coraline I had growing nicely...probobly going to kill all of my pods, zoos...and everything else that I know know exists...but hopefully it will go away in time....

You tank is looking awesome bro. keep it up.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #147
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Nice looking tank, Mike!

Speakerman, the diatoms will go away. They are totally common in new tanks. Trust me. One day they will be there, you will loook again and they'll all be gone. It happens that fast!

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:48 PM   #148

tank

Thanks Lindsay,

Speakerman, I second that. I also doubt it will kill anything. It will probably go away soon. I would try to put any corals in a higher flow and clean them off with the tank water using a turkey baster if you are worried. I clean mine off once a week anyway. Alot of stuff can build up in between polyps.

As far as being dissaponited goes, I have been there many times along with aggravation. I can only suspect that I will go through that many more times. I guess it goes along with this hobby. I have been lucky as not to lose one thing yet, but I am prepared. I think all the aggravation and dissapointment is part of learning that will lead to eventually having an awesome reef.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:15 PM   #149

I was thinking of adding a Goby as my last fish. I really want one, as well as a blenny, but I feel that it would be better for me to wait until I upgrade and then can provide an established and larger tank. I am planning on a 75.

How do people feel about six line wrasses. It is another fish I have always wanted.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:53 PM   #150

update

Just to update on my tank situation. I have just about defeated my hair algae. I did two to three small PWC's a week with RO/DI and I skimmed wet, cut on feeding, and cut back on light. Wooh..That was not to bad. I have seen a few horrific looking tanks.

Now hopefully it will stay gone.

Tags
30 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com