New 37g reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quick question half my lr is above the waterlinie and my filter is not on cuz the waterline is only like 1/4 filled i cant finish till after school so like 4ish tommorow will this make the salt and water to like unmix or cause some other serious problem?and the lr is half covered and the top is damp will it be ok?

Nevermind the tanks are full and im happy regardless of the 1 apitasia i got ill post pics in a few mins

386362_1690998172316_1758626899_903025_1458613722_n.jpg
379462_1691002812432_1758626899_903026_2108619408_n.jpg

the first is my qt the second is my dt tell me what you think but i no that im excited and already saw a few small hitchikers!

After some advice from my dads freind whos owned a 125and a 65 for 5 years each and 10 years with a 30 and multiple people at my store i am getting a peppermint shrimp and cleaner as well as 2 ocellaris clowns tommorow, and depending on price mabey a cleaner shrimp for my 10g too what do you think about this?

Also the people at the store are not in it for the quick buck cuz today my heater malfunctioned and the nice guy that owns it gave me a heater for free to hold me over untill the company replaces my old one ( heater had a recall )

Well i just put in my first 2 fish (2 ocellaris clowns and btw i am planning on getting a peppermint shrimp because i have some aptasias

So, you just filled the tank and put fish in? Sorry, I didnt go back and read the whole thread. Is the tank cycled?

After some advice from my dads freind whos owned a 125and a 65 for 5 years each and 10 years with a 30 and multiple people at my store i am getting a peppermint shrimp and cleaner as well as 2 ocellaris clowns tommorow, and depending on price mabey a cleaner shrimp for my 10g too what do you think about this?

These experienced people told you to put fish in a tank that is uncycled? You put water in it on the 13th and now you are putting fish in 7 days later? why did you buy the test kits if you're not cycling the tank? With no ro/di water and an uncycled tank, I see trouble ahead for you.

Yep and no problems after a few days yet and theyre eating good and i got the test kits to origionally cycle but now its just so i no if my water stays stable and it is and when ill need to do any drastic emergency water changes

Back
Top Bottom