Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-16-2014, 02:33 PM   #151
Aquarium Advice Addict

You would have to sand the old glue out of the inside of the fitting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 12-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #152
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul87 View Post
Ok. Very good, glad you was able to get that all corrected! Did you use PVC glue on those fittings? I was unaware you could heat up PVC cement and remove it.
Yes I did use PVC cement.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #153
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Ok good to know. Never tried it.

paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:42 AM   #154
Aquarium Advice Addict

I will finish this build this weekend. I've been really sick with a bad cold since before Christmas. Just didn't feel like doing anything. I am hoping to get water in this tank this weekend. At least thats the plan. I will start mixing my water and salt tomorrow and figuring out my rock scape.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:42 PM   #155
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdonaldson View Post
I will finish this build this weekend. I've been really sick with a bad cold since before Christmas. Just didn't feel like doing anything. I am hoping to get water in this tank this weekend. At least thats the plan. I will start mixing my water and salt tomorrow and figuring out my rock scape.

Sorry to hear about being sick, that stinks. Hope your feeling better. Can't wait to see this tank uo and running. Also, what did you end up getting from Andrew (BAM) and how is it doing?

Old 01-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #156
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Sorry to hear about being sick, that stinks. Hope your feeling better. Can't wait to see this tank uo and running. Also, what did you end up getting from Andrew (BAM) and how is it doing?
Thanks Paul. I do feel a little better. I am going to add a union on each pipe just in case I get a clog and have to clean the pipe out. So i am waiting for the 1 inch unions to come in so when I get those in place I can hopefully get this tank filled.

I need to work in my rock scape. Not sure how I am going to do the rock scape. I don't want the rocks sitting on the sand so I have to figure out a way to do that.

I did get a few frags from Andrew but they all keep dying. I have one that is still alive and that's out of five frags that I received. I don't know why they keep dying.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:40 PM   #157
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Thanks Paul. I do feel a little better. I am going to add a union on each pipe just in case I get a clog and have to clean the pipe out. So i am waiting for the 1 inch unions to come in so when I get those in place I can hopefully get this tank filled.

I need to work in my rock scape. Not sure how I am going to do the rock scape. I don't want the rocks sitting on the sand so I have to figure out a way to do that.

I did get a few frags from Andrew but they all keep dying. I have one that is still alive and that's out of five frags that I received. I don't know why they keep dying.

Glad you're doing better! I'm not sure why the frags are dying on you, that stinks! I've never got a coral from him that didn't do good. Maybe shipping had something to do with it, dunno. Rock scale is a tedious job, good luck on coming up with something you are happy with. Definitely want to put some base pieces of rock in before the sand for stability.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:36 AM   #158
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Glad you're doing better! I'm not sure why the frags are dying on you, that stinks! I've never got a coral from him that didn't do good. Maybe shipping had something to do with it, dunno. Rock scale is a tedious job, good luck on coming up with something you are happy with. Definitely want to put some base pieces of rock in before the sand for stability.
Thanks, the frags looked ok the first couple of days and I was out out of the office sick and when I came back in they had perished. I've had other frags shipped to me and they did well. The only thing I can think of is the corals were extremely cold when I received them. The heat packs Andrew is using aren't lasting long enough. I haven't told Andrew about this last batch that he sent me. I need to send him a message.

I think its also a problem with me not being here to monitor them. That's why I can't wait to move my tanks home. When I get my 40 gallon up and cycled I will start moving corals a little at a time.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:42 AM   #159
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Thanks, the frags looked ok the first couple of days and I was out out of the office sick and when I came back in they had perished. I've had other frags shipped to me and they did well. The only thing I can think of is the corals were extremely cold when I received them. The heat packs Andrew is using aren't lasting long enough. I haven't told Andrew about this last batch that he sent me. I need to send him a message.

I think its also a problem with me not being here to monitor them. That's why I can't wait to move my tanks home. When I get my 40 gallon up and cycled I will start moving corals a little at a time.

Yea, I didn't consider outside temp. I've personally never ordered any fish or coral unless I had the LFS or Andrew order it for me. I would let him know about the situation though. I hope you didn't loose too much money on the order!

I wouldn't order anything now, not until it warms up some anyways. Just my opinion.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:26 AM   #160
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yea, I didn't consider outside temp. I've personally never ordered any fish or coral unless I had the LFS or Andrew order it for me. I would let him know about the situation though. I hope you didn't loose too much money on the order!

I wouldn't order anything now, not until it warms up some anyways. Just my opinion.
Andrew did replace the first batch that also parished. They were shipped 2 day and also arrive extremely cold. I'm going to let him know today. I dontbolan on ordering anything else until weather is warmer.

I received the PVC unions yesterday so I just have to attach those and get my rock work done and in the tank. I will probably do another water leak test before filling the tank with the salt water. I am hoping I have time to get that done this weekend.

Tags
40 gallon, gallon, setup, transfer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com