Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdonaldson View Post
Ok thanks Paul. I really liked what the reviewers had to say about the light. I am suppose to be getting it in today. I also received my Y valve today. The MaxSpect Gyre is still very new and I am sure they will work out the problems and come out with a new and improved one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Very cool! Seems your on a pretty good roll at setting up. Yea that MaxSpect Gyre is extremely interesting to me. Maybe they will have it all worked out by the time I can afford one!

paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:45 AM   #72
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul87 View Post
Very cool! Seems your on a pretty good roll at setting up. Yea that MaxSpect Gyre is extremely interesting to me. Maybe they will have it all worked out by the time I can afford one!

Thanks. I should be getting in the bulkheads and drill bits either today or tomorrow. So I will be able to drill my tank this weekend if nothing comes up that's more pressing.
If I get them in today, I plan on taking off tomorrow and drill the tank tomorrow. I will have to check the shipping status to see when they will arrive. I am getting really excited about the build now.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:53 AM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Thanks. I should be getting in the bulkheads and drill bits either today or tomorrow. So I will be able to drill my tank this weekend if nothing comes up that's more pressing.
If I get them in today, I plan on taking off tomorrow and drill the tank tomorrow. I will have to check the shipping status to see when they will arrive. I am getting really excited about the build now.

Nice. You should be!

Old 11-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #74
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have the bulkheads and bits but not sure I will be able to drill the tank this weekend due to a cold front coming in to my area this weekend.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:23 PM   #75
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
I have the bulkheads and bits but not sure I will be able to drill the tank this weekend due to a cold front coming in to my area this weekend.

Awww man. Yea we have one coming in this weekend as well. I'm sure its not as bad as in Maryland but they did salt the roads. Yea drilling a tank when its literally freezing is probably not a good idea. Definitely keep your eyes on the weather so we can get that baby drilled before it gets really cold everyday! Just an idea that popped into my head... could you drill it in a bathtub or shower indoors? Of course you would want to rinse it out well to get the glass dust out when you are done, but it seems like it could be a possibility maybe.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #76
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Awww man. Yea we have one coming in this weekend as well. I'm sure its not as bad as in Maryland but they did salt the roads. Yea drilling a tank when its literally freezing is probably not a good idea. Definitely keep your eyes on the weather so we can get that baby drilled before it gets really cold everyday! Just an idea that popped into my head... could you drill it in a bathtub or shower indoors? Of course you would want to rinse it out well to get the glass dust out when you are done, but it seems like it could be a possibility maybe.

Yeah I thought about drilling it inside. I have a huge rubbermaid container that I just emptied out about a week ago. I was thinking I could put it in there and hook up my python that I use to clean my tanks for a water source.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Yeah I thought about drilling it inside. I have a huge rubbermaid container that I just emptied out about a week ago. I was thinking I could put it in there and hook up my python that I use to clean my tanks for a water source.

Don't see why it wouldn't work.

Old 11-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice Addict

Installed my filter sock holder with filter sock and placed my skimmer into the sump and glued in my media tray.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416082118.871564.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	255812

Old 11-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Installed my filter sock holder with filter sock and placed my skimmer into the sump and glued in my media tray.
Attachment 255812

Looks good!

Old 11-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Looks good!

Thanks Paul.

Tags
40 gallon, gallon, setup, transfer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com