New 40 Gallon Setup and Transfer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found a new saltwater store that I really like a lot. I Picked up two new frags from them yesterday at lunch time.

A rainbow hornet and a really pretty clove polyp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Very nice! Hows the tank coming along?

Very nice! Hows the tank coming along?

The tank is filled but I had to mix some more saltwater to fill the sump up. I used some of the saltwater to do a PWC on my 10 gallon reef so I had to add more water and salt. I tested the salinity last night and it was to high so i had to make some more rodi water to add to it. I added another 5 gallons of rodi water to the mix last night and it should be ok when I get home today. I was planning on filling the sump up tonight and start running the pump.

The tank is filled but I had to mix some more saltwater to fill the sump up. I used some of the saltwater to do a PWC on my 10 gallon reef so I had to add more water and salt. I tested the salinity last night and it was to high so i had to make some more rodi water to add to it. I added another 5 gallons of rodi water to the mix last night and it should be ok when I get home today. I was planning on filling the sump up tonight and start running the pump.

Sounds good. Are you using a hydrometer or refractometer to measure the salinity?

I received a shipment yesterday of some really nice ZOA's and a couple of shrooms. Here is a list of what I bought.

Eye of God Paly
Limeade Paly
Blue eyed monster ZOA
Lunar eclipse ZOA
Sunny girl ZOA
Cotton candy shroom
Red dimple shroom
Red gorgonian

I will try to get some pics of them when everything is open and happy.

I'm picking up a red hornet today from my new favorite store. The owner is a zoa collector and he has some really nice ZOA's. He's fragging the red hornet for me today. I'm getting 4 polyps from him. Cant wait to go and pick them up.

Well something came up so have to reschedule picking up the red hornet till tomorrow or next week.

Filled my sump last night sand the tank is finally running. Now I will test tonight and see where It stands. I still have to add the sand to the tank. I plan on doing that this weekend.

Filled my sump last night sand the tank is finally running. Now I will test tonight and see where It stands. I still have to add the sand to the tank. I plan on doing that this weekend.

Process! :dance:

Seeing a lot of brown algae on the rocks. I had to cut the light back some because I was getting green algae growing on the glass. Didn't get a chance to put my sand in yet so I will try to do that tonight.

Do you have to have the bubble trap on the return side where the pump is? My panel came loose because my pump is really strong. I as going to changvit out with a smaller pump by not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh and I did my first test and the nitrates were at 5.0, kh was 214.8, calcium was 540, and salinity was 1.029. I was getting ready to add some rodi water when I noticed the panel had broke free.

I always set my bubble trap after the first chamber (filter sock and skimmer), but I'm not sure if I'm reading your question right...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No BigRed you are reading it right. I have emptied the sump twice already to glue the panel in and I really don't feel like doing that a third time so I was just going to leave it out.

Is your skimmer sending bubbles into the DT without it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I haven't started the skimmer yet since the tank is still cycling. Should I be running the skimmer now?

I think I am going to put the panel back in and change the pump out to a smaller flow one.

Back
Top Bottom