New 40 Gallon Setup and Transfer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is the skimmate after I emptied it the other day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1434497518986.jpg
    1434497518986.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 124
Here is a full tank shot after I placed some of the ZOA's and other corals on the rocks.

I haven't seen my black line blenny I about a week now. I check the floor and the sump and no sign of him.?

Tank is coming along nicely. Hope you find your blenny soon. My male dragonet has been missing about a week as week. Guess I need to empty the fuge and at if he's in his favorite place. Over been so busy lastly.

Tank is coming along nicely. Hope you find your blenny soon. My male dragonet has been missing about a week as week. Guess I need to empty the fuge and at if he's in his favorite place. Over been so busy lastly.

Thanks Paul. I know what you mean being busy and all. It seems there just isn't enough hours in the day to get things done.?

Brought some more corals home today. Will put them on the bottom in the sand for now. I will upload some pictures later.

Doing a drip acclimate for the corals I brought home today. How do you remove polyps from a frag plug if the polyps are growing right on the plug? Is it possible?

Attachments

• 1434569643995.jpg
    1434569643995.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 84
I have two Jebao wp25 wave maker pumps in this tank. Do you both in on that is to much flow? I ask because I can see my small hermit crabs sometimes getting blown across the sand bed. I wondering if I could get a way with just using one of these wave makers.

Has anyone ever seen this. Its grew overtop my 2 small maul polyps

Attachments

• 1434574528609.jpg
    1434574528609.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 82
Dies anyone know why my chaeto keeps dying. I have put two softball size pieces in the refugium and it keeps dying off.

Doing a drip acclimate for the corals I brought home today. How do you remove polyps from a frag plug if the polyps are growing right on the plug? Is it possible?

If it is growing on the plug, I just use pliers and break off the post, glue the disc down and before long you won't even know it's there.

Dies anyone know why my chaeto keeps dying. I have put two softball size pieces in the refugium and it keeps dying off.

1) not enough waste/nutrients in the water
2) not enough flow, it should be strong enough to cause it too tumble around.
3) lighting

other than that, I don't know. I have never had good success with chaeto. It will kind of survive in my tank, but never really grows and after a few months it is reduced to random strings here and there.
The ulva was growing great until my phosphate levels dropped below .25 and the caulerpa is growing like wildfire, so who knows. :confused:

If it is growing on the plug, I just use pliers and break off the post, glue the disc down and before long you won't even know it's there.

1) not enough waste/nutrients in the water
2) not enough flow, it should be strong enough to cause it too tumble around.
3) lighting

other than that, I don't know. I have never had good success with chaeto. It will kind of survive in my tank, but never really grows and after a few months it is reduced to random strings here and there.
The ulva was growing great until my phosphate levels dropped below .25 and the caulerpa is growing like wildfire, so who knows. :confused:

The ZOA is growing on the plug and on the frag rack to.

Thanks PB. I will try putting more nutrients in the refugium. I ordered some of the caulerpa but its on back order so who knows when I will get it.

The ZOA is growing on the plug and on the frag rack to.

Thanks PB. I will try putting more nutrients in the refugium. I ordered some of the caulerpa but its on back order so who knows when I will get it.

I wouldn't add more nutrients to the system just to grow chaeto. How often are you feeding the fish and what is the chaeto moving any where it sits? Also what kind of light do you have over it?

I wouldn't add more nutrients to the system just to grow chaeto. How often are you feeding the fish and what is the chaeto moving any where it sits? Also what kind of light do you have over it?

I had a finnex ray light on it. I thought that might have been a little strong so I changed it out to a marineland light. The chaeto just sits in the refugium, its not moving.

OK here is the skimmate since the last time I cleaned it.

Attachments

• 1434817537602.jpg
    1434817537602.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 63

Forgot to answer one of your one of your questions. I'm feeding the fish every day and the corals three times a week.

I have a few sps corals. Should I start dosing now or wait until I put more in. I plan in getting a few more.

Oops hit the wrong button again.

Attachments

• 1434841518446.jpg
    1434841518446.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom