New 55 gal fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You sure not even a yellow tang. that is the one I was looking at.

Yellow tangs need 100 gallons or CLOSE to that, your tank is half that size..

Dude you have a 180 gallon tank... You can put ALL the tangs you want in that size tank, dont shove one in a small tank when you dont have to.

This is just my honest opinion, its your tank...
Do whatever makes you happy :p

Yah thanks well yah my 180 gal is over stocked well lets just say at its limit I am going to buy the lieutenant tang for my 180 only because by me taking the anthias out of there it did open some room for me to add some thing in if I wanted and I'm also going to put a spotbreast angel in the 100 but that tank will really be full then. You are right about the tang I have seen people pull it off before in there tanks but that just puts to much stress on the animal. Well this is my girl friends tank because she wanted a tank of her own and so I just got her his small simple tank for her to try it. I didn't want the tang she did but I thought it would be ok to put a small tang like a sail fin or a yellow in there for her but you are right they just get to big. Well I will just get her a yellow clown goby that I know she will love. Then I will take her to my lfs and let her pick out one more small fish. Like mabe she will want a clown fish. Idk but thanks so much for all of your help.

No problem dude, there are alot of other fish that im sure she will love. For the record if yoh are looking for small tangs, the small ones are kole tangs, or just any bristletooth tang. The sailfin tangs get massive because of how big their fins get so they need 125 gallons at least, and the yellows need somewhere around 100 gallons.

Get your girlfrien a pair of clowns, she will love it!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
No problem dude, there are alot of other fish that im sure she will love. For the record if yoh are looking for small tangs, the small ones are kole tangs, or just any bristletooth tang. The sailfin tangs get massive because of how big their fins get so they need 125 gallons at least, and the yellows need somewhere around 100 gallons.

Get your girlfrien a pair of clowns, she will love it!

Yah my lfs usually has a pair of black ocellaris clownfish in and they are small and cool. yah when we go there I will point them out. Yah I was going to get a desjardin sail fin ( a baby one) and once it got to big for the 50 move it in to the 100 and then the 180 if it got to big for the 100 and it most likely would have gotten to big for the 100.

Hocky puck said:
White tail bristle tooth very cool looking guy

Good call but the clowns, the anthias, the chromis, and the goby that is fully stocked of you ask me. Don't have room for one.

Never mind I met if you ask me not of you ask me . Just don't pay attention to that.

Back
Top Bottom