new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ausfish said:
This looks way bigger than 55g!

Haha yeah I wish it was bigger I wish it was my 240 gallon but I had to cut back had a baby and the cost was a little to high for up keep.... it is hard not to go back to a bigger tank lol

Greenturtle said:
Ugh I am paying $225 for LEDs for my biocube. It gives you quite a shock at first.

Yeah, but they last 50,000 hours, cost nothing to run and won't cook your tank...all good things. Compare that to the $130 for just two atinic bulbs that will last a year (less than 3800 hours at 10hours a day),

Gregcoyote said:
Yeah, but they last 50,000 hours, cost nothing to run and won't cook your tank...all good things. Compare that to the $130 for just two atinic bulbs that will last a year (less than 3800 hours at 10hours a day),

Yeah that I think would b a better deal paying that every 10 years or paying 150 every year

did you have any actinics in the before picture, or did you just add more to the after picture?

I had some but I was running 10k mh and now I switched to 20k mh so it is not as yellow plus my attinic bulbs got replaced as well so that helped a lot all so

Well thank you I am trying as hard as I can. I don't want to do what I use to and keep playing with my tanks

Man o man just came across a deal a buddy of mine wants to sell me his complete 300 gallon reef tank with everything for 1500 now idk if I should do that or keep building my 55 I know the wife wont let me have both so I don't know what to do any advice

Yeah that might work but she will tell me the 30 gallon I have now will work for a qt I will think of something

Well got home around six this morning Arizona time to find that one of the heads on my frogspawn died. So that just bummed me out so I tested my water all was good phosphate was high but idk if that can do it so I called my buddy Kenny (the one that wants to sell me his 300 gallon reef) and asked him what he thought it could be and he told me to much flow on it so I cut ay mp10s down to half so lets c if that helps I hope so....

Back
Top Bottom