new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rob_mango said:
Had a bad day one half of my tank had a rock slide

Check your glass for hairline cracks, that's the last thing you want to happen! Pretty devastating when that happens!

Here is a pic of my Kenya tree open

View attachment 58025

I was wondering where would I put my acro so it will extend its flowers I have him in high light medium flow he has been in there for a while and wont open

Kenya tree looks good, planning on one as well. I like to see he has some polyp friends with him too.

Can't help with the acro. You have it in the place liveaquaria recommends... Hope he comes out soon.

TLTGF said:
Kenya tree looks good, planning on one as well. I like to see he has some polyp friends with him too.

Can't help with the acro. You have it in the place liveaquaria recommends... Hope he comes out soon.

My acros don't show any polyps until nightfall, and even then they are very tiny. But they are growing never the less.

Yeah it came with some polyps and it is 3 separate Kenya

As for my acro idk if it is open at night cuz I work graveyard so I guess that will stay unknown until this weekend

Well this is no good my frogspawn is gone I dont know why I cant keep them i have moved him a bunch but was never able to keep him happy:(:(:(:(

My acros don't show any polyps until nightfall, and even then they are very tiny. But they are growing never the less.

Okay so i was staying up tonight to get on my sleep down for the work week and i went to check my acro and it has it polyps out at night so i guess its a good thing right
:confused::confused:

Yep...it's a good thing. If the polyps were not deploying it would mean the coral is not thriving and may be on its way out. Some of the SPS has really small polyps, so you have to look closely.

OK here is a question I have a tank that is made into a sump I believe it is a 25 long and I have a refuge in there I also have a 30 gallon tank just sitting around the question I have is can I turn the 30 into the refuge and t off my return to supply it then pump back to my sump to b returned to the tank

I am wanting to free up some room in my sump for the adding of reactors I.e. carbon and gfo. But I don't want issues with anything if I do it..

Like the rock setup, is will the occupants. I am new to using a sump, any reason you have rock in the tank and in the sump?

angel50 said:
Like the rock setup, is will the occupants. I am new to using a sump, any reason you have rock in the tank and in the sump?

The rock in the sump is to add more biological filtering of ur water just helps out a lot more and thanks I have been trying my hardest on this tank

Yeah the pictures all look pretty blue and everything looks the same color. Are the colors pretty vibrant in real life or does everything have that blue look?

Back
Top Bottom