new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's all amazing, blue or not lol. I'm completely jealous and it looks great!

OK so I want to add another fish and shrimp combo to my tank I was thinking a yashia gobie and a pistol shrimp but I don't know if the yashia will b OK with the dragon gobie I already have any one know if it will b OK to have them bothand also will my cleaner shrimp b OK with a pistol shrimp

I'm not too sure a pistol and a cleaner is the way to go. I have a pistol shrimp and HAD 5 cleaner shrimp but not anymore. It's either the pistol, my watchman goby or my tang that killed them but popular vote is for the pistol being the killer.

Also how fast do rose bubble tips grow I have one that is in my tank and is only 2 inches across and don't seem to b getting any bigger

Looks like a solid design to me!

How's the clam? What's your opinion about lighting needs for one? I was thinking about getting one this weekend.

I've got a T5 Four bulb with about 22" to the sandbed.

Well I have mine under mh lights and it is doing great but I think ur lights will b good how many Watts is the light if u have to just set it up higher in u tank

Just did another BRS order for all my rodi replacement filters and I must say they have the best price by far but the shipping is a little high if u don't order over 175 bucks

rob_mango said:
Just did another BRS order for all my rodi replacement filters and I must say they have the best price by far but the shipping is a little high if u don't order over 175 bucks

That's why I use Foster and Smiths sometimes, free shipping if over $49. I split orders between them and BRS.

What is the cost of the rodi replacement filters from them???

Might have to look in to them for some other stuff I need

Also after months of looking online I think i know what controller I am going to go with and it will be the Reef Keeper light net set up so now I have to save for that or push out my harley davidson to get it...... Choices what do I want more is what it will come down to...

OK well I got my rodi system up and running finally I have the auto top off all set up with a 3 gallon storage bin that I also use to mix kalk in now to get the brute to make my own saltwater and I will be happy....

Also thinking that with me makeing my water I might just reset up my 240 now that I wont spend 140 bucks a month on store water lol

just curious, what size/type of containers were you getting saltwater in? I can imagine the first fill of any tank with bought water. Even 29 gallon would be a pain!

I was lucky enough to have my first fill water come with my tank... I used huge coolers - for the rest I'd been using (1) gallon jugs. Carry four at a time across a large parking lot up flights of stairs and down a balcony to my apt. I was buying 12 gallons per wk for pwc's and top-offs.

No more though.

Back
Top Bottom