new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would stop dosing anything. Just use a reef grade salt mix and do 10% weekly changes.

Is that enough to replace calcium/carbonate hardness/magnesium back to acceptable ranges?

I had been doing 25% weekly water changes every week up until lately i've been doing it once every two weeks. I tested about 3 days ago and my calcium was 400. Very acceptable but I dosed it back to 420 because I had never seen it that low, lol.

Agreed, I almost always due 10 gallons in my 54, but at minimum, 6 gallons, which is on a rare occasion.

Drsfostersmith has the 200 gallon box of RC for $53 shipped. Great stuff.

I was using whatever was on sell but I want to stick to one brand of salt not change it every so often like right now I have coral life salt but idk if it very good....

I like to change my salt mix every time. What one salt mix lacks, the other makes up for, has been my philosophy thus far.

Ok so I found out what I am going to do... I am going to mix the coral life salt with reef crystals and hope they will balance each other out....

Back
Top Bottom