new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have to delete some of your pictures. You have to log onto the website, not the app for iPhones. Go to: control panel. 3rd link on the bar at the top. Then look down on the left side of the page and you'll see attachments or manage attachments. You can delete old photos from there.

Update: bad news I came home from work to ring my skimmer stopped working the pump took a dump

Good news a store here had the new pump In stock but it was the new 5000 model and I had the 3500 so it is a lot bigger pump but it is what needs to be on my asm g3 so it's good

rob_mango said:
Update: bad news I came home from work to ring my skimmer stopped working the pump took a dump

Good news a store here had the new pump In stock but it was the new 5000 model and I had the 3500 so it is a lot bigger pump but it is what needs to be on my asm g3 so it's good

At least it has all worked out! Do you think you can try and post a tank picture?

I will get a pic up soon just have to remove some pics that I posted..... Also it seems fine no big problems as of yet

Ok so the new skimmer pump is kicking butt working overnight pulled some good and nasty crud out..... Very happy

Also been a week with the lights being off the top 12 inches and I must say that all my corals seem to be very happy I am thinking of trying one more sps coral just to see if I can pull it off

Ok still need to clear off some attachments and will post some pics of the new Acro I picked up its really nice

The hanging kit I made cost me 16 bucks at home depot

And here is the new acro I picked ou if this one don't make it I think I will just give up on sps coral and run Lps and softies

staticmap

Yeah I like it I just hope it all works out with me putting the lights higher so it will stop with the bleaching of them all that was the issue I was having even when I put them low on the sand bed

Here is a pic of the foam the skimmer is making ( it's not a good pic but you get the idea ) with the new pump and I had to empty it today already had a full cup of dark brown crud and I only put it in there Friday night.....

rob_mango said:
Here is a pic of the foam the skimmer is making ( it's not a good pic but you get the idea ) with the new pump and I had to empty it today already had a full cup of dark brown crud and I only put it in there Friday night.....

It must be doing a really good job!

I think so my water seems to be clearer ( might just be me but you never know) only problem is I can't have it facing my bio-pellets return because the pump is to big and won't fit that way

Back
Top Bottom