new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sps frag update: All seems well I have been feeding Oyster Feast mixed with Coral Frenzy and Selcon additive all frags have great color here are some pics of them

Ok so I got up last night around 2 am went and looked at my setup and found the pump for my bio pellets not working that well so I took it apart and did a good cleaning on it put back in and still no flow..... So I pulled it back out and took out the check valve now it is flowing really good.... I guess the check valve got stuck.... My question here is should I replace the check valve or just let it run?????

rob_mango said:
Ok so I got up last night around 2 am went and looked at my setup and found the pump for my bio pellets not working that well so I took it apart and did a good cleaning on it put back in and still no flow..... So I pulled it back out and took out the check valve now it is flowing really good.... I guess the check valve got stuck.... My question here is should I replace the check valve or just let it run?????

It depends on your setup. If there is any way that the system can back siphon if the power fails, you will want that check valve working. You might try to take it apart and clean it.

No I don't think it will drain the system I am going to run it this way for now and clean the check valve like you said and have it ready to go

So I woke up this morning to find my tank overflow stopped so my main tank was overflowing on to the floor not to happy but I got it fixed

rob_mango said:
Ok so Friday I am going to use the credit to get more coral for the 55 any good ones I should look in to

Checkout bluezooaquatics and get a long tentacle plate coral. They're awesome.

Back
Top Bottom