new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking good mate. Been following this thread with interest as I've just started cycling a 55g.

OK I think I want a small school of fish in my tank and was thinking like 5 green chromis what do u guys think

I have three in mine, and when they are out, they are fun to watch. They all move in unison.

Looking to add a controller to my tank and I was just wondering what one is better there was 2 I am really looking at

1) reefkeeper elite

2) the Neptune system

Dose anyone own either one of these and have some good insight on them please let me know

I've been researching the heck out of both. lol

I would buy the reef keeper elite, just my thoughts though. Seems to have more modules and you get more from the start.

That is the one I am leaning towards but they both have the pros and cons that is y I hope someone on here can just tell what they like and would recommend I want one that is user friendly lol

The reefkeeper looks to be more user friendly. Have you downloaded the pdf file with the operating instructions? thats what I did and I fully understand how it works now. It''s actually just alot of button pressing to set it up.

Also marine depot has the elite on sale for 449 right now, thats what got me into researching them. :)

They have a link for the pdf file on the page I linked to. Might help you out. :)

Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Elite (Net) Controller

Went to my lfs today got a little upset as they rodent have any green chromis's in stock but it worked out

And I have now made my decision on a controller I am going to go with the Neptune my lfs took me to the back of there store and showed me what they use and it was very easy and user friendly

Bummer!!! I was so lucky today with my find. The aussie B/W clowns were being held for someone else for almost (3) weeks in QT at the LFS, but they never showed, so I got to take 'em! Whoo hoo. It worked out for me, cause I didn't have to QT so into the tank they went!

I even had my QT set and ready too :)

Back
Top Bottom