New 75 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pmastron

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Here's my new 75 gal. The tank has been running a couple months now, and the water has leveled off. Tested, and have no ammonia nitrate, or nitrites.

A few pieces of live rock intermingled with some other rocks that came with the tank.

My question is water flow. Right now I'm using a Tom Rapids RPS wet/dry canister, and have a 600 gal PH on the right and just added a 1500 gal ph on the left pointing up.

My concern is, do I have too much water flow? Should I replace the 1500 ph with another 600 and add a 400 to the center of the tank? Since my fish are small I noticed they have issues when entering the stream of the 1500 pump.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20140512_124419.jpg
    20140512_124419.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 150
No Not too much flow you may have to adjust.... How is the filter? Oh where is your skimmer??

As far as I can tell, the filter is awesome. Has a built in skimmer. It's been running for a week. Once I got it adjusted correct I'm enjoying it. Filter is rated to 175 gal. What I like most, and my deciding factor was the overflow box will stop if there is a power outage. No flooding the room. In Florida this is important since we lose power everyday in summer.

That is a nice setup! I just started another tank 75G I'll add 2 percula clowns, 1 yellow tang, 1 lawnmower blenny, 15 snails and 2 coral shrimp. Corals: mushrooms and Zoa"s Too easy..

As far as I can tell, the filter is awesome. Has a built in skimmer. It's been running for a week. Once I got it adjusted correct I'm enjoying it. Filter is rated to 175 gal. What I like most, and my deciding factor was the overflow box will stop if there is a power outage. No flooding the room. In Florida this is important since we lose power everyday in summer.

You loose power everyday? We do maybe once or twice a month.. You can't possibly be getting that much rain?

From. June to October it rains everyday. Violent thunderstorms

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You might want to add more LR. I don't think you have enough.

We have only lost power once over the last year or so here
I guess I'm just lucky

Back
Top Bottom